Friday, April 29, 2011

Moved By Sound - Synchronized Art Bots


Now that the Spring 2011 UAT Commencement is over I'm finally allowed to talk out it. The project that Ryan Carmain, Kasey Norman, Professor Mueth, and myself have been working on: 3 Synchronized Art Bots. Yes that is a mouthful so from now on I'll affectionately refer to them as the SAB crew, seeing as there are 3 of them. We made three of them in order to use three colors to both identify them and to have them paint: Red, Blue, Green. The bots movement is based off of both the noise made and the duration of that noise. With each bot focused in on a different range, their movements therefore aren't the same in dance mode. Dance mode being the mode in their programming where they react to the noise being created. The SAB crew was created to be used at UAT's Spring 2011 Commencement Ceremony and then got invited to demo at the 2011 PhoenixCon happening at the end of May. The bots come with a pamphlet that I put together myself as we went along detailing the creation both hardware and software wise. After the demo at PhoenixCon I'll be sure to post more video and pics of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment